Friday, December 08, 2006

Rapid Web App Dev

This one got started a bit late so it went very fast.
It was a little disappointing. I suppose I was expecting to see an app created from scratch...
Rob Harrop did cover a lot of good info though. Demonstrated integrating Maven and Jetty. He also pointed out some of the difficulties of Maven and showed a good way to get around. He also demonstrated many techniques for testing while developing.
There was a (very quick) demonstration of Site Mesh for site wide formatting. I'm always surprised that more people don't just use servlet filters for that. I guess we'll be seeing copied includes, and tiles for a long time. Site Mesh is a step forward but, I think I'll stick to filters. They're a lot more versatile and allow changing look and feel on the fly.
anyway, off to lunch

permalink
Links to this post

3 Comments:

At 08 December, 2006 15:20, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great... now we will have more managers saying here use this ... and have another framework misused.

 
At 08 December, 2006 17:55, Blogger Matt Raible said...

SiteMesh *does* use Servlet filters. ;-)

 
At 08 December, 2006 19:08, Blogger willCode4Beer said...

Ah, then I need to learn a litle more.
thanks

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Links to this post on: